Saturday 5 May 2012

Self-esteem Questionnaire

Self-esteem Questionnaire

This is a short checklist to help you rest if your self-esteem is strong or might need a boost. Answer the questions as honestly as you can and total your scores at the bottom of the page.
Always Sometimes Rarely
1. I have a lot of doubts about
my abilities
2. I am often unkind about myself
3. I don’t like what I see in the mirror
4. I blame myself when things go
wrong
5. I personalise things when someone
says something I don’t understand
6. I don’t feel I’m very important in
life
7. I don’t have good nurturing
relationships with people
8. I feel I am not good enough as
a person
9. I think negative thoughts
10.I criticise other people a lot
11. I don’t respect myself
12. I don’t like things I say or do
13. I lack confidence in situations
14. I feel angry with my ‘lot’ in life
15. I don’t value myself

Always = 2, Sometimes = 1 and Rarely/ never = 0
Total your scores and read the following interpretations:
0-8
You have a strong self-esteem that is capable of withstanding quite a lot of change and helps you feel in control of your life. Keep trusting your intuition and continue feeling good about yourself
9-15
You have a moderate self-esteem that has taken some knocks but from which you have probably coped pretty well. If you are conscious of the knocks, try and identify the areas of your life that have contributed to this. Attempt to tackle your thoughts about them. Try and let go of outdates opinions of yourself and inaccurate images that feed your self-talk
16-30
A score in this range suggests you have a number of concerns about yourself and or your life. These concerns are likely to feed a negative self-image and could upset your chances of feeling successful or positive about yourself. It is important to recognise which aspects of your life you’re unhappy with and decide to tackle one aspect of something in order to put you back in control. It may also make you determined to change. Go to the link for the article on self-esteem if you’d like to know more and also the recommended book list, which might help.

No comments:

Post a Comment